Casey's Top 40! {boston.com: boston, ma}

Does anyone out there remember Casey Kasem?  Well, I do.  I remember sitting by the radio all morning as he counted down the latest and greatest tunes.  I was a radio junky...I used to record the radio on cassette tape.  These days, I rarely listen to the radio because my life, like so many others, has been taken over by Apple.  I've got the iMac, the iPod-mini, the iTouch and somewhere in the depths of my backpack rests a Shuffle...  My point: Today I found out I was a top 40 finalist in a photography contest on www.boston.com and I immediately started humming "Caseeeey's Top Forrr-ty".  This is such an honor as I am desperately trying to redesign my life around something I love so much.  There were 190 entries and one guy (shown here with his pooch Alex) thought I had something.  Thank you Philip Greenspun!  Tomorrow they will announce the top ten, but I don't much care (even though it would be totally awesome!).  I'm just excited to have made it this far!
This photo was taken on a cold January evening just as I was finishing up a homework assignment.  I just loved how I was seeing the car lights shine off in the distance and blur slightly from the cold tears dripping from my eyes.  I wanted to capture it on "film".  In the foreground is a bench, but the focus is the big balls of light sparkling in the distance and reflecting off the water.


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP